Landmarks are those assets that tell us unmistakably where, and who, we are.
An asset with strong communal or historical associations, or because it has especially striking aesthetic value, may be singled out as a landmark within the local scene.
To consider when you are commenting on LANDMARK STATUS:
- Is the asset best appreciated from a distance or close up?
- How does it relate to its surroundings?
- Do people use the asset as a reference point?
To consider when you are commenting on MAKING HISTORY:
- Is the asset a meeting place for a distinct group of people?
- Was the asset created as part of a recent development or art scheme?
- Is the asset controversial?
Please prefix the text you enter for each statement with [Historic Interest] or [Making History] as applicable