The Bull, Shocklach, SY14 7BL
Tuesday 16th November from 6 – 8pm
Come along to discover some unusual local history at the pub. Cheshire West & Chester Council are working on two exciting heritage projects and we would like your help.
Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are bringing their collections to the pub! They’ll be there with some of the images and documents they have about Shocklach
and the surrounding area’s past and will be happy to chat with you about them.
- What did the area look like over 100 years ago? why was the River Dee so important?
- What does the name of the village actually mean?
- What was its role in the Broxton Hundred?
If you’ve ever wondered, come along to find out more.
Cheshire Historic Environment team are putting together a Local List of interesting and significant places in Cheshire and we would like to know what you think.
- What’s your favourite building where you live?
- Why are old buildings interesting?
- Does it have to be old to be important?
The event is open to anyone who wants to drop in and free parking is available to the rear of The Bull on Tilston Road.